Re: Removal request for xen-tools

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:12:29AM +0100, Jan Wagner wrote:
> please remove xen-tools from your archive, as it was removed[1] after a
> removal request[2] from testing, cause it has a significant amount of grave[3]
> and security[4] bugs.

JFTR, not only from testing, but also from unstable.

> If anybody want the package get back on track for squeeze, NOW is the time to
> get in hurry.

Well, the RM RoM (http://bugs.debian.org/561667) was because of
xen-tools being "obsolote, unsupported". As much as I like it, this
sounds like a final thing.

Steve: WRT "obsolete": Is there a successor project for it? Or do you
suggest to move to libvirt?  With exception that it didn't get any
commits for 12 months
(http://xen-tools.repository.steve.org.uk/shortlog),
http://xen-tools.org/software/xen-tools/ doesn't sound that obsolete
(yet). But OTOH, you are not only package maintainer but also
upstream, so you are the one who has to know it best...

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert@phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT D 17                 voice: +41 44 633 41 89