Re: Linux 2.6.35.3 Kernel for ARM and SATA problems

Hi Mike,

Mike Thompson wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Phil Endecott <
spam_from_debian_arm@chezphil.org> wrote:

It works for me.  I seem to recall a small amount of agro getting the
kernel
config right, but u-boot was always able to recognise the device.  I
suggest
that you find (borrow) another SATA device to test with.
Good luck!

Phil,

I've discovered your work with the TV computer and it's been a wealth of
information to me for the past week.  My current kernel configuration is
based upon the one that you linked to from your site in the section about
the Kernel.  Is that the latest kernel configuration file you are using?

Yes; I decided that it was "good enough" and I wanted to move on to the next things. (I've also not done much with it recently, as I've moved house and have some other urgent things to do.)

What's frustrating is that I can pop the drive into a USB case and it works
fine with the iMX53 QSB.   However, I really want to use it as a SATA
device.

I've done some poking around the sata driver and I believe the 'ata1:
SError: { DevExch }' error is generated by code thinking that a hot plug
event has occured.  However, it seems it assigns the error when there
really are no other things it can assign the error to which may be red
herring as to what is going on.

That doesn't ring any bells.

I guess I'll have to pop for another SATA device and see if it works better
with this board.

That is definitely what I would do.

Cheers,  Phil.