help needed testing kexec

I would be grateful if a few of you could run a quick test on your
Debian ARM devices.  I'm especially interested in ones that use the
Marvell Kirkwood SoC, but other data points would be helpful too.

Here's what to do:

1. apt-get install kexec-tools
2. reboot

(The default configuration of kexec-tools, defined in
/etc/default/kexec, uses kexec when you type "reboot".)

This doesn't work on the machines I have access to (a Seagate DockStar
and a GoFlex Net) -- the system either reports an error during
decompression of the zImage, or just hangs.  I'd like to find out how
pervasive the problem is.

Please let me know, or post to the list, whether it works OK (along
with the type of system and kernel version you're running).  Then you
can either purge the kexec-tools package or edit its default file to
disable this "feature".

Thanks for your time.