Re: Request for information

Hi,

Thanks martin for this quick answer.

I have fight a couple of hours with tries to compile d-i...
It works fine now ( and is still compiling in a cross-chroot ).

Le 04/10/2011 20:06, Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> * DrEagle <dreagle@doukki.net> [2011-10-04 19:31]:
>> I want to port the debian installer for shevaplug into a netconsole mode
>> instead of netboot.
>> Is there a tutorial about it ?
>
> No, but if you know how to rebuild debian-installler, it's really
> easy.  You just need to copy the SheevaPlug entries from
> build/config/armel/kirkwood/netboot.cfg to
> build/config/armel/kirkwood/network-console.cfg and rebuild the
> images.

My first try didn't success because of outdated status of the sources on
mirror.
It's now fixed and I have the deb source of debian installer up to date
to play with.

I have read curvedbrain.org/2009/03/10/install-debian-dns323/ but I have
take another approach with qemu-binfmt and polystrap.

> If you don't know how to rebuild debian-installer, you could just take
> the QNAP installer and modify that.

I will give a try with a cross build.

>> The method need to be out-of-box, and simpliest as possible.
>> Like the one you have already done for thecus.
>
> Which device are we talking about here?

The device is the IcyBox IB-6220-B.
The factory u-boot annouce it as a DB-88F6281A-BP LE.
Its a sheevaplug like device with 256 MiB RAM/NAND only.

It was cloned, bricked, unbricked, tortured and still alive !

I also found a bug to report to the u-boot list, and another
configuration error which make openocd unusable.

Now I have to take some times to share all I discovered with and about
this device.

Serial u-boot recovery, jtag rescue tips, security troubles, customizing
and leaving the factory firmware, and its hidden vpn feature !

Cheers
--
A+ - Amicalement - Gk2 [:-]
---