Re: Freescale iMX53 Quick Start board

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 11:36:08AM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
>On Aug 8, 2011, at 16:34, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
>>
>> I think we need a good comparison / feature / selection page -- choose the requirements, then see the result:
>>
>>   USB 2.0 ports ports yes / no how many [ ]
>>   USB 3.0 ports ports yes / no how many [ ]
>>   Fast Ethernet ports yes / no how many [ ]
>>   Gigabit Ethports    yes / no how many [ ]
>>   SATA I
>>   SATA II
>>   SATA III
>>   eSATA
>>
>>   and so on .....
>>
>> At least this will help research on what board is best for specific requirements.\

Definitely. We started a similar page at

  http://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatBuildd

to help us track what to use for Debian. Please feel free to extend /
improve on the information there!

>Makes sense to me, would be quite useful for a number of projects
>since the Fedora and Mandriva folks are also looking at creating or
>updating their ARM ports.

The Mageia folks are targetting v5t (and softfp ABI) rather than v7 at
this point - see discussion on the cross-distro list.

Cheers,
--
Steve McIntyre                                steve.mcintyre@linaro.org
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs