Re: armhf installer status?

Hi!

All installer initrds were missing the debian-ports archive signing keys, and the error message was misleading. Before downloading the installer components, replacing /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg with /etc/apt/trusted.gpg from a machine that had the keyring installed worked fine. Later, after installing the base system, i had to chroot into /target and install the package, too. Other than that, the usual manual install (kernel, lvm2, initramfs-tools, u-boot-tools manually, manual mkimage) everything worked fine.

Other notes:

- Hardware (with HDMI card): With the base system on a pendrive I measured about 50mV peaks on a serially connected 0R10 resistor, that means about 0.5A@5V = 2.5W power. I've made a power splitter cable for a standard 2.5" 5400RPM HDD, it's working fine with the included power supply. No overheating problems after a whole day of compiling on a hot summer day.

- Bootloader: I'm using the original freescale binary, the linaro git version didn't initialize the SATA controller properly. I'm booting the kernel and initrd from a fat partition on the sd card. The linaro and upstream u-boot images I've built with ext2 support both overwrote the partition table when saving the environment, IIRC the linaro version saved the environment correctly without ext2, but because of the SATA issue I went back to the original one. I'm loading the kernel to 0x71000000, and the initrd to 0x72000000.

- Kernel: i'm using the linaro git 2.6.38 sources patched up with the security fixes, with only one previously applied hunk and a trivial conflict. kernel.org kernels seem to have problems with some parts of the hardware (i've tried too many kernels to remember all).

- Booting from SATA with lvm: a bootdelay=3 kernel arg was necessary (maybe less would be fine too, didn't experiment that much).

- Debian kernel: 3.0 won't support the mx51 in the same image as the mx50/mx53, they have the base of RAM at 0x90000000 vs 0x70000000.

If I can help to make mx53loco an officially supported platform, please tell me what I can help.

Daniel