Re: fpc build problems on some debian armel buildds

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 03:33:36PM +0100, peter green wrote:
>Freepascal has been failing sometimes with "einouterror file not
>found" on armel buildds but i'm not really seeing any pattern to the
>failures either in terms of upstream versions or in terms of buildds
>
>2.4.0-2 was successfully built on muscat
>2.4.0-3 failed on arnold
>2.4.0-4 failed on arnold and ancina (the latter being a retry at my request)
>2.4.2-1 was sucessfully built on alwyn
>2.4.2-2 and 2.4.2-2 were successfully build on ancina
>2.4.4-1 failed on antheil
>
>The current FPC package builds fine in qemu for me. I will attempt to
>try on some real hardware too when I get a chance.
>
>This is worrying for me because I use freepascal on armel and yet
>it's pretty hard to find a fix for a bug without a meaningful error
>message and which I cannot reproduce.
>
>Is there a list anywhere of what hardware the buildds run on and/or
>any other interesting information about their setups so I can try to
>figure out what if anything the failing buildds have in common. Has
>anything changed in ancina's configuration recently?

muscat is a Thecus N2100, (iop32x with 512MB RAM)

alwyn and antheil are identical Marvell development boards - see
http://blog.einval.com/2010/09/27#marvell_buildds for more details.

If you want to know more, http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi lists more
details for most of the official machines used by Debian.

If you're getting inconsistent results between antheil and alwyn then
that's worrying. :-(

You can ask for access to abel (the armel porter box) and play with
stuff there if it helps.

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"