Re: beaglebuddy zippy

On 25/10/2010 13:28, Robert Nelson wrote:
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:03 AM, peter green
<peter.green@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk>  wrote:
I'm currently running lenny (would consider upgrading to sqeeze if that is
what is required to make things work) with the kernel from
http://rcn-ee.net/deb/lenny/v2.6.36-rc5-d1/on my beagleboard.

I've just added a beaglebuddy expansion board to get the battery backed rtc,
second serial and ethernet ports but i'm not sure how best to get it working
under debian. Anyone else have that combination and known a working
configuration setup? do I need a different kernel? if so what would you
recommend?
Hi Peter,

It's already supported with that kernel...

If you are running the latest u-boot/x-load (2010.03/1.4.4ss) on the
beagle with a boot.scr boot script file the "buddy=${buddy}" in the
bootargs will take care of it..

If your running a custom bootargs in nand from an older install, just
update the bootargs with buddy=zippy or buddy=zippy2 depending on
which of the zippy's you have...
I added buddy=zippy to my bootargs but when I do I get an error about initialising the SD card which I use as my root filesystem

mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

Any idea how to fix this?

Regards,