QNAP TS-219P: squeeze installer does not detect disks

Hello,

I am attempting to install Debian testing on my new TS-219P.  I have
followed the instructions at [1], and have successfully launched the
installer and set up the language, location, timezone etc., however
the installer is unable to detect the installed hard disks.  The
installer hangs for some time at the "Detecting disks and all other
hardware" screen, then shows the following screen:

> [!] Detect disks
>
> No disk drive was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed by your disk drive, you can select it
> from the list.
>
> Driver needed for your disk drive:
>
> continue with no disk drive
> loop
> scsi_dh
> scsi_mod
> sd_mod
> sr_mod
> none of the above

I have tried each of the options above and none of them work.

Both installed hard disks are Western Digital WD20EARS (2TB drives
with 4KB sectors), and were detected and configured correctly with the
QNAP firmware.

Any ideas?  Please CC me on any replies as I am not subscribed to the
list, thanks.

-- Michael Trim

[1] http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-219/install.html