CESA kernel module

Heya,

the current 2.6.32rc8 and the 2.6.31 debian unstable kernels (thanks to Martin
Michlmayr) contain the CESA module for accelerated cryptographic routines
through a seperate chip in the orion/kirkwood architecture.

Well now I want to use it finally, how do I see if it actually works?
mkfs.ext3 is much faster on the unencrypted partition, on the encrypted
partition now mv_crypto is up to ~40% cpu usage, so I guess it is running but
still very slow, or am I mistaken? Is mkfs.ext3 a "bad benchmark" and normal
file copy operations will behave better?

Regards,
Karsten