Re: 2 Disks (by label/UUID)
* Stuart Read <stuart.t.read+NSLU2@gmail.com> [2008-05-11 21:13]:
> I can't think of any particular reason the upgrade should have failed,
> as I've stopped (for the moment) playing with the UUID/label thing and
> had left things as they were until I had more time to work at it.
> Any thoughts/suggestions?
On what exactly? Finding out why it doesn't boot with UUID/label?
I'd proceed like this:
- make a backup of flash (cat /dev/mtdblock? > backup)
- change /etc/fstab to use UUID/label for the root partition and only
boot entries in /etc/fstab for the first disk
- Edit /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/flash_kernel_set_root
and put this at the end:
echo "root: -$rootdev-" >&2
- Run: update-initramfs -u
- Check the output and see if the UUID/label it prints looks ok
- Run flash-kernel
- Boot with only one disk attached