Re: Big trouble
* Mikael Rudberg <email@example.com> [2008-04-21 21:53]:
>> Do you remember which version?
> Unfortunately not, however i think i pulled the image from your site at the
> same time i installed it March 16 2007
Strange. The kernel partition on all debian-installer images should
be 00160000 rather than 00140000. I only know one other person who
had 00140000 (see #464958) and we're not sure which image he used to
Anyway, let's hope this is just a very unusual case.
To fix it, I suggest:
- Backup your flash with: cat /dev/mtdblock? > mtd-backup
- Save that file somewhere
- Download http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/sda1-2.6.18.dfsg.1-18etch1
- Boot it and check /proc/mtd to see how large the kernel partition is.
It should be 00160000 now.
- Run flash-kernel to flash 2.6.24.
Does that work?