Re: Two questions about installing Debian on a Thecus 2100 (-a-like)

Colin Tuckley wrote:
John Winters wrote:
I've just sourced an Evesham re-badged Thecus 2100 and would like to
upgrade it to a full Debian installation.  I've previously done the same
with an NSLU2, but am interested in the potential extra speed of the
Thecus.

I did this recently using the new ARM EABI/arml port, I used the info at:

http://www.cyrius.com/debian/iop/n2100/install.html

and the Debian installer at:

http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/iop32x/netboot/n2100.bin

which points to the old gnuab repro but you get the chance to change that
during the install. So I used the miror at:

http://ftp.easynet.be/ftp/gnuab/debian

Thanks for the response. I've taken my courage in both hands and started the process but I get stuck at the disk partitioning stage. It detects the disc OK, but then partman exits part way through starting up. It gets as far as 58% in its startup progress bar and just exits.

/var/log/partman contains:

parted_server: Closing infifo and outfifo
parted_server: main_loop: iteration 15
parted_server: Opening infifo
Device: yes
Model: ATA ST3500630AS
Sector size: 512
Sectors: 976773168
Sectors/track: 63
Heads: 255
Cylinders: 60801
Partition table: no
/bin/partman: IN: QUIT
parted_server: Read command: QUIT
parted_server: Quitting

and the syslog file contains:

Dec 13 16:39:58 kernel: program partmap is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

Any idea why partman won't do its bit?

TIA,
John