Re: ARM installer images for etch (4.0) currently broken

On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 10:56:21AM +0200, Rainer Hlawaty wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I want to let you know that in my opinion it is still possible to
> install Debian 4.0 on NSLU2 using the "normal" installation method.
> I used the "unofficial image" (with the driver for the internal network
> interface included) to do the installation.
>
> However after connecting to the installer via SSH do the following:
>   - start the menu
>   - choose "<Go Back>"
>   - choose "Change debconf priority" and set the priority to "low"
>   - resume installation with "Choose a mirror of the Debian archive"

Yes, that works. An alternative is to use the "expert" mode of the
installation; the effect is exactly the same (expert mode is defined as
"run the installation at low priority")

However, expert mode isn't as easy to install as the "regular" mode.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22