Re: question for ARM porters: incomplete arm v3 support in etch?

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:17:50AM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> On 2006-10-30 10:00 +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > > The decision for dropping support for an older subarch is for the porters to
> > > make; though dropping the subarch which still provides a number of the
> > > autobuilders is probably not a great idea.
> >
> > None of the ARM autobuilders are v3 anymore.  Dropping v4 support would
> > be a bad idea, since netwinders make up a fairly large part of the
> > installed base, but I don't think anybody is even considering that.
> >
> > Dropping v3 does sound like a good idea to me though.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Wookey
> --
No objection particularly, but I've a RISC PC sitting here unused which
is only v3 AIUI. I've also 2 x NSLU2 - would be happy to build/test for
v3 or to continue limited support. I'm no ARM developer and it's a long
time since I've programmed in anger (though I am a DD) - I'd need LOTS
of support from the more experienced folk around here. Would also be
willing to beta test cross-compilation environments on a fast AMD64 - I
gather you were nobbled at the Expo by a colleague of mine wanting info
:)

Andy