Re: question for ARM porters: incomplete arm v3 support in etch?

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 00:55 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 08:16:35AM -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
> > OTOH, we've carried 386 for a long time and there are so few of those
> > around anymore.  I'd prefer not worrying about the v3 machines, but
> > our policy tends to be inclusive.
>
> Er, i386 hasn't been supported in Debian since woody.
>
> And every Debian release over the past few years has found itself dropping
> support for the next oldest 32-bit sparc subarchitecture.
>
> The decision for dropping support for an older subarch is for the porters to
> make; though dropping the subarch which still provides a number of the
> autobuilders is probably not a great idea.

None of the ARM autobuilders are v3 anymore.  Dropping v4 support would
be a bad idea, since netwinders make up a fairly large part of the
installed base, but I don't think anybody is even considering that.

Dropping v3 does sound like a good idea to me though.

p.