question for ARM porters: incomplete arm v3 support in etch?

Hello,

Bug #394418 is a report filed regarding a recurring build problem with mono
on arm that results from mono generating code that's incompatible with the
arm v3 instruction set.  Likewise, it appears shadow fails to build on elara
(one of the netwinder buildds) due to an illegal instruction from xsltproc,
but not on the newer buildds.

I'm inclined to tag 394418 etch-ignore, because most of the arm buildds (all
of the faster ones) are capable of handling newer instruction sets, and the
autobuilder for stable-security on arm is among those that can.  But before
I do that, I want to confirm:  do the ARM porters consider this reasonable?
Should support for arm v3 systems be considered release-critical on this
architecture?  And if so, is someone available to work on fixing mono's code
generation, or would mono need to be dropped from arm for etch?

Thanks,