Re: kipi-plugin has a dep-wait on a package which is available

On 06-09-08 10:48 +0200, Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi Mark, Arm-builders,
>
> Op Saturday 02 September 2006 12:08, schreef Mark Purcell:
> > On Friday 01 September 2006 21:07, Tom Albers wrote:
> > > I've not had any reactions to this mail. Kipi is now 51 days in unstable
> > > without any attempt on arm to build it.
> > >
> > > Please advise how to proceed.
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > We have a couple of options.
> >
> > 1.  Upload a new version of kipi-plugins, it needs a bit of bug triage
> > anyway, which will be automatically rescheduled for  rebuilding on all
> > arch's and hopefully arm will be successful this time.  I should be able to
> > do an upload later today.
>
> Again it is silent:
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=arm&pkg=kipi-plugins&ver=0.1.2-2
>
> > 2. Get a arm build environment and build our own. I have a zaurus, which I
> > have at a pinch used in the past to build and upload arm packages.
> >
> > 3. Continue to ask arm@buildd / debian-arm if someone can reschedule a
> > buildd.
>
> I'm a bit disapointed there is no reaction from the Arm-builders to any of our
> mails.
>
> I don't think we should go into the trouble of making our own debs, I think
> it's human to have a reaction from the Arm-builders. But maybe i'm (still) a
> bit naive in that.

Sorry you are not getting any response there. You need to understand
that the people who get arm@buildd mail (elmo and perhaps other DSA
people) are not the same people as the ones who are the listed
arm-porters.

Only buildd people can control the buildds and ask for reschedules (I
can't do that, so far as I know), but I can add build-deps to leisner.

I've just added the missing build-deps for python-qt3:
 python-all-dev qt3-apps-dev  sip4  python-sip4-dev libqscintilla-dev
in the unstable chroot on leisner. Hopefully that mean you can work
out what the problem is.

The buildd people do usually reschedule things when asked, I believe,
but there is (almost) never any direct feedback so it's hard to know if people
who ask questions here are getting the help they need.

On the one hand I've been told that messages to debian-admin should
not be copied to this list as then they tend to get missed in the DSA
pile. But on the other hand, we on this list don't see mails to
debian-admin, and can't help unless whtever you want is copied to this
list.

This is all rather unsatisfactory and inefficient, but I really
don't know how to fix it. Better info for developers who need help
with their packages would be good, I suppose. But where best to put
it? On the arm port pages? A monthly posting to this list?

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/