Re: Netwinder install - which method
Am Mittwoch, 3. November 2004 00:52 schrieb Queisser, Andrew (Beavers Rosebowl
> I read through the installation manual and searched the newsgroups.
> It appears that to install Debian on a Netwinder I've got three choices:
> 1) Log in to the existing RedHat and run debootstrap, then update the
> 2) Boot the installer over TFTP
> 3) Boot from CD (is this even possible on a Netwinder?)
> Which is the best method these days? I've got the desktop Netwinder and
> it's working with the current Redhat installation.
Well, I did the following (without reading any manual):
* go to http://www.de.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status
* click at netwinder - netboot - daily build
* downloaded boot.img onto a partition of the harddisk using the rescue system
and then rebootet the netwinder using boot.img as kernel with argument
"root=/dev/ram". You can probably also use tftp.
* and then I followed the installation process
* the only minor problem was that after reboot I could not see any characters
on the console. Logging in blind works however, and after starting/exiting vi
the characters are there again. I did not find out yet what the problem is.
Maybe this can help you.