Re: 2 package(s) to rebuild on arm/stable

On Mon 01 Jul, Wookey wrote:
> On Mon 01 Jul, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > These packages have to be rebuilt for stable on arm in order to let
> > the packages go into 2.2r7.
>
> OK. I think phils normally does this stuff but he's away and I'm not quite
> sure what the normal proceedure is. I've built the packages on
> rameau.debian.org as that's a potato box.
>
> And it's gone OK but I didn't get asked to sign the files when I did
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot so the .changes files are unsigned. Is that
> any use or do I need to do something specific to sign the changes file
> during the build? (difficult as rameau isn't a machine with my keys on)

OK - I read the manual :-) so now I've done
dpkg-buildpackage -B -mwookey@debian.org -rfakeroot
to do the builds, scped them to here and clearsigned the .changes files,
which I am pretty sure is the 'right' answer.

The only problem is that I can't install them on rameau for testing (no root
access) and all my arm machines are in bits here, so the packages are
untested, but the build logs showed nothing very concerning so they should be
OK. Shall I just upload them or put them somewhere for someone to try out on
an arm box first?

Wookey