Re: fibusql bugs [was: massfiling]

Hi apache maintainers!

On 2004-04-18 18:38 +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> The Debian Apache team has been auditing all packages that depend on apache. [1]
> This is part of our ongoing efforts to ensure the highest quality Apache 1.3
> packages possible.

Thank you for this!

> Package:    wwwconfig-common

Until now I did not know about this package. I will take a look at it
and see whether it can ease/improve fibusql packaging.

> Package:    fibusql
> Maintainer: Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>
> Problem:    maint scripts can mangle httpd.conf user changes

Currently I store the php scripts in /usr/share/fibusql/ and want to
install an Alias to http://localhost/fibusql. In previous versions of
apache there was no conf.d/ directory, thus the user was supposed to
configure the Alias on her own. With the existence of conf.d/, my
maintainer scripts check whether there already is an alias in
httpd.conf (just a grep) and if not, install an Alias file into
/etc/apache[-ssl]/conf.d.

If putting a file into conf.d/ is regarded as "mangling user changes",
then why was conf.d/ introduced in the first place?

If there is a standard and clean way to install web applications, I
would be happy to get to know and implement it. I just don't want to
put the scripts into the sitewide DocumentRoot directory.

> Package:    fibusql
> Maintainer: Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>
> Problem:    It does not depend/support apache-perl

Oops, did not know about this package either, I will support it in the
future. Currently fibusql does not depend on just httpd since I don't
know a way to install a web application in arbitrary webservers.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org