Re: screen freezes, ooffice with *.ppt, ATI, and xorg; was, Re: lenny amd64 for Desktop

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:11:53 -0500
hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 10:33:40AM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:
> >
> > I rebooted with xorg.conf disabled, and X autoconfigured
> > to a higher resolution than I have been able to get
> > before, so something has changed, for sure.  I will carry
> > on for a while, see if my crashes still occur, and report
> > back.

What do you mean by "rebooted with xorg.conf disabled"? Just
rename/remove the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?

> Neat!  autoconfiguration really works!  That's as opposed to it being
> intended to work.

Autoconfiguration on my system does not work (v7.3-7), at the first
sight being related to the "kernel framebuffer". On all systems this
option is disabled but the XORG auto detection tries to activate it and
because of this it fails.

Cheers