Re: Please Help - glx

Am Mittwoch 08 August 2007 schrieb Kenward Vaughan:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 09:58 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > Hint: Do not use version 100.14.11, as it freezes the system randomly.
> > Use 100.14.09 , which you can get from snapshots.debian.net. This is
> > running stable.
>
> Hans,
>
> I have this problem, but just now (with your post) confirmed my guess as
> to its origin.  I tried to DL what I found on snapshot.debian.net but
> the package was for i386 and refused to open up (I'm pretty sure I had
> the source files, but ...?)  Any thoughts?
>

> I assume if I get the sources starightened out that this would
> necessitate downgrading various xserver-xorg packages?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Kenward
>
> > Good luck !
> >
> > Hans
>
> --
> The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
> have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than
> in the church.    --Ferdinand Magellan

Hi Kenny,
There should be a package for amd-64, too. The kernel-source must be built by
yourself and it will have the right architecture.

Look at my entry in /etc/sources.list

----------
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool nvidia-graphics-drivers
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool nvidia-graphics-drivers

--------

Just add those two and update your list. I used aptitude to install the
packages, as the commandline tool let me not install the older packages.

-----

I do not know, if these two have to be added, too. Maybe they will not work.
-----
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool nvidia-kernel-src
deb-src http://snapshot.debian.net/archive pool nvidia-kernel-src
------

It might be necessarry to uninstall the latest nvidia-packages.

Good luck !

Hans