Re: Running Java App fails...

* José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque@cox.net> [2007:07:02:11:53:47-0400] scribed:
<snip />

> Perhaps you have more packages than needed installed (I'm referring to
> the ia32 packages).  I don't know if you need them, but with all the
> suggestions given and the following packages installed, Java works fine
> on this system:
>
> sun-java6-bin
> sun-java6-demo
> sun-java6-doc
> sun-java6-fonts
> sun-java6-jdk
> sun-java6-jre
> sun-java6-source
>
> I develop in Java so I have a few, but I think with *-bin, *-fonts and
> *-jre things should work fine. :-)
>
> -Jose

I am on straight etch.  What need I install?

# COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l '*sun*'
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
+++-========================-========================-================================================================
un  jikes-sun                <none>                   (no description available)
un  libapache-mod-tsunami    <none>                   (no description available)
un  libsundials-serial       <none>                   (no description available)
un  libsundials-serial-dev   <none>                   (no description available)
un  libsundials-serial-doc   <none>                   (no description available)
un  libsundials-serial0      <none>                   (no description available)
un  opensync-plugin-sunbird  <none>                   (no description available)
un  sun-j2re1.4              <none>                   (no description available)
un  sun-java5-jre            <none>                   (no description available)
un  sunbird                  <none>                   (no description available)
un  sunclock                 <none>                   (no description available)
un  sunclock-maps            <none>                   (no description available)
un  wmsun                    <none>                   (no description available)

# sudo aptitude install sun-java5-jre
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
No candidate version found for sun-java5-jre
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done

--
Best Regards,

helices
-