Re: Problems on a asus vintage2 ae-1

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 05:35:46PM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> If a use a stock debian kernel, the box doesn't boot. It doesn't recognizes
> the sata hd. I need this kernel version with two files patched as is
> commented in  [1] . I have to say that it's the only way that I have to see
> the hd. I will try to patch the 2.6.18 version, but the files are more
> different. I don't know if it will compile.

What was the patch you did?

> is it a bug in the lspci program? May I have to report it?

No probably a kernel bug.  /proc/pci should show the same info from the
kernel's point of view.

> no, it's a simple barebone with one agp, one little slot from asus and 3 pci

Is the BIOS on the board up to date?

Does the BIOS have a mode setting for the SATA ports?

I remember problems a couple of years ago on an intel chipset board
that the SATA only worked properly in linux when set to enhanced mode
not the default combined mode.  When set right it worked perfectly even
with 2.6.1.