Re: Help on understanding noapic nolapic noacpi/acpi=off boot options

Le Monday 16 July 2007 14:08:35 Juan P. Rigol Sanchez, vous avez écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed (after several attempts) debian lenny amd64 on a new HP
> Compaq dc7700 pc (intel core 2 duo 6600 with integrated Q963/Q965
> chipset & graphics), but the system hangs if "noapic nolapic noacpi
> acpi=off" options are not given at boot time.
> I was wondering how these options affect normal operation of the pc
> (fan/cooling, peripherals?, performance??)
> (kernel 2.6.21-2-amd64 x86_64 ; with 2.6.18-4-amd64 boots using just
> acpi=off).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Juan P. Rigol

Just for info, I have deployed such systems.
To keep acpi and the CPU cool, don't put noacpi noapic...

I found that just one option was necessary : pci=conf1
Don't ask me what it does... maybe to force pci plug and play config one ?