Re: a few simple questions about AMD64 version of Debian

--- Freddie Cash <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca> wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 December 2006 10:03 am, Francesco
> Pietra wrote:
> > ---
> LeLennartoSorensenlslsorensescsclubwuwaterlooa>
> > I agree about Tyan, though the staff refused to
> talk
> > with Linux users, which I did not appreciate
> much). A
>
> Like they say, YMMV, results not typical.  :)
>
> I've had excellent exchanges with their tech support
> staff via e-mail, and
> all my messages to them start off by detailing our
> use of FreeBSD and
> Debian on the servers.

Unfortunately I throw away the correspondence, though
it was with Tyan Europe. This may explain, if you are
in Canada. Anyway, the question was not about Linux,
just because I had no problem in managing the
mainboard, it was about details of their hardware. I
mentioned I use debian, and they said "we do not
answer". At any event, water that passes away. Surely,
however, next mainboard will not be Tyan, as long as I
eraim in Europe.
Cheers
francesco

  The few problems we've had