Re: Broken applications: Could we be honest?

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 10:09 -0600, Art Edwards wrote:

> This brought up the question, who uses 64 bit Linux anyway?
> Surely gamers do not drive the 64-bit linux community. It can't be the desktop
> community, seeing that the standard office tool doesn't really
> work for 64-bit.

I've been quite happy with Debian AMD64 ever since I got my new laptop a
couple months ago.  No major problems so far.  As for this sandard
office tool that you mentioned...

I've been using a 64 bit OOo for a couple weeks now, and have been quite
pleased with it.  There's a working AMD64 port here:

http://people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/2.0.3/amd64/