kernel 2.6.15.3

Hi,

I try to install linux sarge on my laptop MSI L715
I keep kernel 2.6.15.3 on kernel .org .

with original compiled kernel

I have message :
ide-cd: cmd 0x25 timed out
hdc: lost interrupt
hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 {Bussy}

hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide0: reset: succcess
hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 {Bussy}

hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide0: reset: succcess

I want to use kernel with AMD Host bridge driver . (i think they are include on kernel) PCI bridge, usb controller ... from ATI ,i don't know if drivers exist in this case i have only number device I don't find driver for ethernet controller agere systems (former lucent microelectronics ) device ed00 (on windows driver is for agere ET131x it's an gigabit ethernet) I try to customise my .config file step by step, but with my new kernel I can't start .

I have this message :

ACPI : (supports S0 S1 S3 S4 S5)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS : Unable to mount root fs on uknown-block (0,0)

what I forgot  in my configuration ?