Re: Update problems.

Am Sonntag, 22. Januar 2006 14:12 schrieb Doppiabeo:
> Good afternoon. I'm a new Debian 64 user, and I am encountering a problem,
> everytime I try to update my Debian from a Sarge-Etch to a Sid. In your
> opinion which kind of problem is? Is it a problem of the package on the
> server, or a problem on my Workstation? Have you got any suggestion about a
> manner to solve it?
> Thank you very much.
> Regards G.
>
> I'm sorry for the output that it's posted below, that's in italian, but I
> hope it's easy to understand. I tried to translate the main concepts.
>
> debconf: (Unable to load Gnome -- is libgnome2-perl installed?)
> debconf: sarà usato il frontend: Dialog    						 <--- Dialog will be used
> as frontend Extracting templates from packages: 100%
> Preconfigurazione dei pacchetti in corso						<----Preconfiguring packages
> (Lettura del database ... 98361 file e directory attualmente installati.)
> Spacchetto knetworkconf (da .../knetworkconf_4%3a3.5.0-4_amd64.deb)
> ...			<-----Unpacking knet... dpkg: errore processando
> /var/cache/apt/archives/knetworkconf_4%3a3.5.0-4_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  tentata sovrascrittura di								<------Trying to overwrite....
> `/usr/lib/pkgconfig/system-tools-backends.pc', che si trova anche nel
> pacchetto gnome-system-tools
> dpkg-deb: il sottoprocesso paste è stato terminato dal segnale (Pipe
> rotta)		<----- The sub process paste is terminated with the signal (broken
> pipe) Sono occorsi degli errori processando:							<------Some errors
> occours processing:
> /var/cache/apt/archives/knetworkconf_4%3a3.5.0-4_amd64.deb
> Ahi! C'è stato un errore durante l'installazione. Tentativo di ripristino:
> dpkg: problemi con le dipendenze impediscono la configurazione di
> kdeadmin:		<------problems with the dipendencies that blocks the
> configuration of kdeadmin kdeadmin dipende da knetworkconf (>= 4:3.5.0-4);
> comunque:				<-----kdeadmin depends on knetworkconf Il pacchetto
> knetworkconf non è installato.						<-----knetworkconf it's not installed
> dpkg: errore processando kdeadmin (--configure):
>  problemi con le dipendenze - lasciato non configurato
> Sono occorsi degli errori processando:
>  kdeadmin

Hi Doppiabeo,

yes I had some problems to. I suggest to do the following way:

Install from CD as usual, and do install as few as you can.
Then do a apt-get dist-upgrade. It will force you to uinstall e2fsprogs.
Do this, it is recommended.

Then edit your sources.list. I give you mine, maybe it helps (look below)

Do an apt-get update, then do an apt-get dist-upgrade. Now reboot to activate
the new kernel etc.

Now install all your favorite stuff.

I hope this works for you, too. This way is tested well.

best regards

Hans