RE: no updates to amd64 stable in last 3 weeks?

As a semi-related question between this thread and another:

I have rolled my own 2.6.12 kernel for all machines running sarge, and am wondering about best practices for kernel security patches. Sarge is limited to 2.6.12 as far as I know due to udev versions and other issues, which vulnerabilities effect 2.6.12 (seems alot were reported fixed in 2.6.10), and are there patches available to apply to our rolled 2.6.12?

Joel Johnson

>>> i'm currently running AMD64 Stable, and i'm a little worried
>>> that there haven't been any updates  (sudo apt-get update ;
>>> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) since just after i first
>>> installed.
>>
>> Stable is such because it doesn't introduce new packages, only
>> security fixes.  This helps to ensure servers remain rock
>> solid.
>
> i know, i was just worried about the lack of security fixes
> (ive run i386 stable before, with much more updates than this)

There was a big fix for the kernel in December, so you should at
least check that! :)

Andrew Preater