Re: amd64: Sarge or Etch?

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:11:50 -0500, Homer Whittaker
<whittake@sbaflorida.com> wrote:

> Bill I am in a similiar position so I have decided to go Etch.
> For no other reason than I  normally use Debian Testing and I
> assume :) that etch will be just about the same.
> If and when you find a decent AMD64 Etch download please let me
> know, and I will do the same for you.  Have not been able to
> find an etch .iso as yet.
> Homer Whittaker

Hi Homer - good to see you on the list.

I recommend this install image:

http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/sarge-amd64-2.6.12-netinst.iso

(~90 meg download)

(Kudos to Len Sorensen for a great iso)

I used it myself on my dual-Opteron last week.

It's Sarge, but with the 2.6.12 kernel.  If you install in expert mode
then it will give you the option for testing.

The only issue I've seen with it so far was on a scsi system - it did
not recognize the scsi controller, so we had to install with the
regular Sarge.  Unfortunately I have a memory like a sieve, and cannot
remember what controller it was - I'll check when I get back tomorrow.

Regards,
Ozz.