Re: installer can't find disk

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

I just got a new system this week and was struggling to get it running when
I finally came across this thread.

After downloading the netiso from: http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/

I ran the install, shelled out when the install reported no disk, ran
modprobe, exited to the install and the disk is now there!!!

For reference, here a hardware list:

MotherBoard: ASROCK 939DUAL-SATA2 ULI M 1695 CHIPSET SERIAL ATA300 ATX FORM
FACTOR
CPU: AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4800
RAM: TOLEDO, CORSAIR TWINX2048-3200C2
VID: EVGA GF6800 256MB AGP W/TV OUT 256A8N340TX
DVD: LITE ON 16X SHHW-1693S DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE BLACK
HD:  SEAGATE 400GB ST3400832AS SATA 8MB 7200RPM

Note:  I had to put in an old NIC because the debian install would not
recognize the NIC built in to the motherboard.

Thanks again,

Dave