Succes story... mother board asus A8N-E, sound, nvidia 6200 (3D accelerated), kernel 2.6.13 and other stuffs.

hi,

I finnaly get the sound work on my mother board asus A8N-E with kernel 2.6.13 (from kernel.org) AND installed the nvidia 3D accelarated driver (don't ask me how : i tryed so many differrent ways so many times... and finnaly the nvidia-installer did it. I think taking the source of driver 7676 in experimental and build it the debian-way should work too but i don't know how : i had problem with the 'revision version' wich did'nt match. Noticed that the nvidia driver works best with 2.6.13, and problably with 2.6.11 too : i had problem in the game enemy territory using 2.6.8) AND my webcam logitech quickcam zoom (not using the driver in the kernel but the one on the web and the plugin v4l in gnomemeeting, not the v4l2 one !) AND my printer hp deskjet 3745.

I just need to polish it a bit more (not all programs have the sound and not all programs have printer) but all drivers works at their best !

So what's lacking ? The hardware firewall in the motherboard, but this one isn't requirement for me... and should work using nvidia close-source driver for that chip.

Thank you all people here for the support.

Regards,
Yannick