Re: Any success on installing sarge on HP Pavilion zv6100

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 07:35:40PM +0000, Eduardo Mendes wrote:
> I wonder whether someoen on the list has sucessfully installed debian on a
> notebook HP pavilion zv6100 with ati xpress 200 card.  I need that the
> wireless card works too.

Well ATI chips are hard to get working a lot of the time, especially the
mobile ones (I had very little luck on a new Dell recently).  nvidia
chips are much simpler, as they seem to just work all the time, even the
mobile ones.

Wireless often requires use of ndiswrapper to use the windows driver due
to lack of open drivers for most wireless chips today.  only a few like
ralink seem to have open drivers for current chips.