Re: Acer Turion laptops

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:12:10PM +0200, Tim T. wrote:
>  I've tried this kernel version and the patch.. without any luck:
> still no battery
> (This on an ACER 5024WLMi, by the way.. what irritates me is that I just booted
>  from the Ubuntu live CD, and did see the battery..

this is funny, as I have it running on the very same laptop model.

I put the kernel image and -headers package I built on

http://213.178.77.236/laptop/

togehter with the kernels config. It's quick and dirty based on the
debian 2.6.12 config for amd64-k8, but without the debian patch
applied.

> Also: the Ubuntu distribution has a 1280x800 resolution on this
> hardware, which  I can't seem to reproduce (At least, not with the
> modern Xfree config.. ) Could some one give me a pointer to a working
> configuration ? (I used to be able to compute modelines by hand. Don't
> see anywhere I can put a modeline these days.)

see the xorg.conf on that location, the interesting part is the
ModeLine.

Another issue: latest ATI drivers don't do 1280x800 at all, hardware
forums I searched are full of users complaining about this.
Hopefully the next ATI drivers release will fix this, as it's the only
way of getting TV-OUT to work.

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--