cpu frequency detetion leads to timer problem

Hi all,

I'm running a debian64, 2.6.11-9 kernel, debian built, system with an
athlon 64 3000+, on a nvidia chipset. Recently, and although I cannot
figure out what I changed in the configuration, the system won't
detect the right processor frequency and so the timer is quite weird
now. For instance cursor blinks faster, double-clicks become hard to
perform...

Actually I still can do frquency scaling, but the /proc/cpuinfo always
gives a 200 MHz down frequency compared to what it should be and I
guess the bogomips calculation is false now leading to an absurd delay
loop calibration. The /sys/system/cpu etc gives the corect frequency.

I tried to desactivate acpid and all its modules, powernow-k8 ass
well. I also tried to give acpi=off parameter to the kernel at boot.
It didn't change a thing.

I really don't have any idea anymorre to make it work, so if you have
any, please..

vincent