MD5Sum mismatches/Downgrade to Sarge

Hello list,

I just decided to downgrade from Etch to Sarge because some update today really broke SciTE and there's really no point in running Etch on a desktop right now. Anyway, to do so I enabled pinning in /etc/apt/preferences (and adapted my sources.list, of course):

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 999

After running 'apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade' apt tells me "0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 304 downgraded, 8 to remove and 3 not upgraded." and starts downloading. So far, so good.
After the downloads finish I get these error messages:

Failed to fetch http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/pool/main/p/perlftlib/fttools_1.2-14_all.deb MD5Sum mismatch Failed to fetch http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/pool/main/x/xprint/xprt-xprintorg_0.1.0.alpha1-10_all.deb MD5Sum mismatch

To resolve this I already tried (without success) to
- run 'apt-get clean'
- use a different mirror
- manually download the packages
- use "--fix-missing" as suggested by apt
- googling for this error (no results)

I guess I could force the installation of fttools and xprt-xprintorg but I really prefer to know why this happens and how to resolve the issue in a "clean" way.
Any hints are greatly appreciated.

TIA,
	Jens

--