Re: powernow-k8 woes -- need help diagnosing intermittent failure

Pascal Giard wrote:
> Hi John,
>   i've the exact same processor you have but with an Asus K8V-X
> (K8T800 chipset).
> I've just started powernow. I'll run it for the day and see what happens.
>
> Have found any hint on how to reproduce the problem?

Hi Pascal,

I use powernowd for governing, and for testing have a cron job which
builds the Debian python2.4 package from source (via pdebuild) every 30
minutes.  powernowd governs according to system load, and this test has
the effect of causing frequent power transitions.  Usually the problem
occurs within 2 hours.

If you enable the cpufreq_stats driver in the kernel, you can see a
count of transitions at
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/trans_table.

Thanks for giving this a try.  Please let me know how it goes.

--John