Re: kernel 2.6.11-2.6.12 freeze

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

Le 26.07.2005 03:38:23, Mark Nipper a écrit :

On 25 Jul 2005, Jan Berndt wrote:
> Are you using powernowd? As for me the nvidia-driver and powernowd
won't work
> together. After removing powernowd everthing works fine (For two
days now!).

I'd like to point out that I have had no such difficulties - cpufreq-userspace.ko, powernow-k8.ko, nvidia.ko, powernowd and nvidia-glx all play together in perfect harmony on my machine (Soltek K890Pro-939 board, Venice-core CPU, PCI-e Geforce 6800GT). I don't think there is a general case of powernow disliking Nvidia.

--Jo Shields