Re: kernel 2.6.11-2.6.12 freeze

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 01:53 +0200, v0n0 wrote:

> >Taking out the
> >
> >        Option "RenderAccel" "true"
> >
> >from the device section in xorg.conf solved it for me.
> >

> I knew this workaround, but I don't want to lose 3d acceleration!

This option doesn't make you use 3d acceleration, you just don't have
the X11 render extension accelerated, which means slightly slower screen
updates in OpenOffice.org or Firefox (but on an amd64 your not going to
notice the difference in speed anyway)

--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209