Re: New 3bit packages for amd64

Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Hi Goswin,
>
> El jue, 14-07-2005 a las 18:22 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've uploaded an update of amd64-archive to
>> http://amd64.debian.net/~goswin/amd64-archive/.
>>
>> Version 0.2 comes with support for rar and qemu and all their libs
>> preconfigured now. Next thing I will add is probably mplayer-686 and
>> w32codecs but you can test other packages yourself if you like. Simple
>> packages just have to be added to the package list.
>
> What does this thing do?
>
> Greetings,

It builds a local apt archive of 32bit packages converted to
amd64 so that one can install them with apt. One goal is to have
OpenOffice.org for amd64 but I started small with things I needed just
now.

I forgot to mention that after install you should add

deb file:///var/lib/amd64-archive sarge main contrib non-free

to /etc/apt/sources.list. I haven't automated that yet.

MfG
        Goswin