Re: Filesystem stability?

On 7/11/05, Mark Ferlatte <ferlatte@cryptio.net> wrote:
> I've heard rumours that some of the Linux filesystems aren't as stable
> as they should be on AMD64; in particular, I've heard of bad things
> happening with JFS and XFS.

We have had some trouble with XFS.  It's *possible* that the problems
relate to use of EMC fiberchannel multipath drivers, but when we
passed the news upstream, SuSE did report back that they had had
similar reports from other Opteron/XFS users.

We have some boxes we plan to move to JFS...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)