Re: amd64-specific bug in XPDF based programs?

On Sunday 10 July 2005 05:08 pm, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (10/07/05 13:23), Max wrote:
> > Volker Schlecht wrote:
> > >Hi,

> > >Unless anyone tells me before tomorrow evening that the PDF in question
> > >displays perfectly on his system (amd64 sid, pretty much in sync with
> > > what is on the german mirrors) I'll do that yes.
> > >
> > >Otherwise I'll assume that the problem is somehow caused by my setup and
> > >dig into it.
> >
> > I have no problems with viewing PDF files with xpdf.
> > debian-am64 unstable here.
>
> But can you view this one OK?
>
> http://www.dnt.de/dl/58/SportyAdventur-eng-rgb.pdf

Hi,
No problem with this specific pdf (debian-amd64, sid, 2.6.11 kernel), however
I've had xpdf run up to 99%cpu and stay there with the July 2005 issue of TUX
Magazine, found at http://tuxmagazine.com    - I can read the first 3 pages,
then it fails has to be killed.

Kpdf, on the other hand, can read it perfectly, cover to cover.

<snip>

--
Dan Cherry
dscherry @ bellsouth.net

Remember to occasionally say 'Thanks' to someone who contributes to Open
Source Software