Re: [SOLVED?] Re: synaptics Touchpad and x.org

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 10:54:14AM +0200, Frank wrote:
> As far as my limited Debian knowledge takes me, xfree86-driver-synaptics
> depends on xserver-xfree86. But this is also provided by xserver-xorg, so
> there should not be any problems. So why does APT complain?
>
> It's surely not bugworthy in the sense of Debians bug tracking system, because
> the xorg packages are not official ones. I hope somebody on this list can
> help us anyways.

Perhaps the problem is that the synaptic driver depends on
xserver-xfree86 >> 4.1.0 and I don't think provides: can do versioned
provides.  This seems to occationally come up as a pretty annoying bug
in Debian's package system.  The solution so far always seems to be
either relax the depends/requires of a package, or add more options to
the depends/requires explicitly, neither of which is really desirable.