Re: MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM

My MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum works fine with etch amd-64, so I presume that it should be fine with sarge. I found that I had to manually load the forcedeth module for the network driver during the install, although on rare occasions it would load it by itself. Additionally since it has two nics I found that it sometimes assigned eth1 to the nic I was using instead of eth0. So then I had to do an `ifconfig eth1 up` and `dhclient eth1` to get dhcp networking going during the install.

Once I had it up and running the only thing I had to do was to download the sound driver from nvidia's site (possibly another way to get sound working...but this worked).

Check out:

http://wiki.debian.net/?Mainboards

It lists mobos that work, including this one.

Carrick

Attila Kocsis wrote:
Hello,

Is there any experience with MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM?
Does it work fine under Sarge amd-64? Any problem with
installation?

Thanks,
Atis