Re: SCSI-emulation

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 06:26:54AM -0700, Attila Kocsis wrote:
> I have a quite simple question, though I haven't found
> any documentation usable for me...
>
> How to enable SCSI-
> Emulation under Debian amd-64?
> Because XCDRoast says I have to do so in order to
> activate it...

Then xcdroast is wrong.

scsi emulation is highly discouraged under 2.6 kernels, since you get
better performance using the ide-cd interface for writers directly.

cdrdao, cdrecord and growisofs all support direct ide access, so scsi
emulation is unnecesary.  If xcdroast doesn't know that, it is terribly
out of date.

Perhaps using k3b or nautilus as an interface would be better than
xcdroast (which in my memory was a terrible piece of junk in the past).

I am personally a command line guy.