Re: Does Debian-pure64 still exist?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:32:17AM +0200, iago@fromoze wrote:
> I just installed debian on my amd64 today with a
> debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso . And I have a problem with the
> sources. Finally I use that one for the instalation:
>
> deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian testing main  non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian testing main  non-free
>
> And now I'm upgrading to  Sid with and some marillat stuff for multimedia.
>
> deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian unstable main contrib non-f
> ree
>
> I would like to help testing new packages, ?where can I get a
> 'funnier' sources.list?
>  I look at the list archives, but I feel I little confused because I
> read about pure64 but nows it looks to be just amd64 :? I see  sources
> for KDE, for xorg.. ?wich one are the official ones?

As far as I am able to tell there are currently two amd64 debian
releases it:
amd64.debian.net/debian or /debian-pure64 (your choice, one is a symlink)
amd64.debian.net/debian-amd64

The difference between amd64 and pure64 I am actually not sure of, but
they are not the same given files in each dir has different time stamps.

I keep a chroot of each on by i386 sarge machine so I can play with
programs from both (I mostly need i386 so that's what I installed on the
machine, the 64bit is just for playing with, hence the chroots for that).

The is also a gcc4.0 based release on the ppc machine somewhere (off
alioth as far as I recall) which I have not looked at, since it seems to
be the more experimental release.