Re: Advice sought on moving to AMD64

Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

   Postgresql 7.4/8 (I believe I can compile the latter from the debian
When you will compile postgresql don't forget add configuration option to use timestamp as integer64. :-) In debian package this already configured.

One possible configuration we are looking for is as below:

Motherboard : Dual AMD Opteron,[X2881G2NR],AMD8131, On-board RAID : S-ATA Raid (Raid 0, 1, 10, 4 drives) Silicon Image 3114
I had problems with SATA Silicon Image on S2875. Now all ok, may be after update bios to new version.

--
Olleg Samoylov