Re: what are the missing ports?

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 13:15 +0200, Lasse Bombien wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm about to buy e Turion MT32 notebook and I will install sarge amd64 on it.
> However, I'm trying to find out what packages are not ported yet. The links below
> are appearently broken...
>
> The other thing is the graphics card: Ati Radeon X700. Will I have a decent X
> server even if I don't use Ati's proprietary driver? Is there some generic driver?

Hi,

I don't know whether the X.Org or XFree86 drivers work with the X700,
although I suspect they are fine, but I do know that ATI's proprietary
driver does not support suspend / resume, and so can be a pain on a
laptop.

See question ID 218 on the ATI site (Advanced Search, "by ID"...).
Unfortunately ATI's website now sucks even more than it used to, and
deep linking appears to be impossible... :-(

Regards,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
     A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds -- Shaw